Timeline for pages has arrived with a bang, getting everyone excited about the creative possibilities of the cover image and profile pic combo.Before you hit publish, make sure your cover image creative obeys the Facebook Guidelines.
There are a few things that are strictly forbidden to be featured in the cover image:
1. Any price or purchase information, such as “30% off” or “Download it from our website” or “Find in our e-shop” etc.
2. Contact information. Facebook states that this info belongs to the Page’s About section.
3. References to Facebook features and actions such as: “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features. Although Facebook does not explicitly state this, we would avoid any visual representations of these actions too, such as the Like button.
4. Call to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”
5. Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading and must not infringe on third parties’ intellectual property.
Not following these guidelines can get your page deleted from Facebook, so make sure that your cover doesn’t feature any of the above mentioned things.